What To Expect
Join us on January 26th for the second annual Dia De La Concha. Dia de la Concha is a celebration of the love for everyone’s favorite pan dulce: the Concha. Chicago’s best Mexican bakeries will be serving up one of Mexico’s most quintessential pastries. The afternoon will consist of live music, local vendors and specialty Mexican drinks, and of course, a variety of delicious Pan Dulce.
Grass Root Events is dedicated to supporting our local organizations and is proud to have Mujeres Latinas en Accion as this years beneficiary. Help us reach our target donation of $7,500 with a stretch goal of $10,000. If you'd like more info on MLEA you can visit their website at http://www.mujereslatinasenaccion.org/
This year we have split up admission into two sessions, "Session A" beginning at 11am & "Session B" beginning at 2pm to avoid over crowding and provide an over all better attendee experience.
• The event is located at the zhou b art center on 1029 W 35th St, Chicago, IL 60609
• This event is CASH ONLY, we will have ATM's onsite
• 500 free parking spots are available
• $2 optional coat check is available
• This is a ticketed event, a limited amount of tickets will be available at the door and will be announced at a later time.
• This venue is wheel chair accessible
• Attendees of "Session A" will need to clear the venue 15 minutes prior to the start of "Session B"
• FREE milk for kids! Sponsored by The Lifeway Kefir Shop (while supplies last)
• Children Activities schedule to be release at a later date.
• Live performances line up will be posted closer to the event date.
• NO STROLLERS or LARGE BOOKBAGS
Why is admission $10 this year?
This year we added an admission price to accommodate for a larger venue, staff, more bakeries and a parking lot. This will also help us achieve our goal to fundraise $7,500 for Latinas en Accion. Adults are $10, 17 & under $1.
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com
WHO WE ARE
Dia De La Concha is produced by Grass Root Events NFP, a Pilsen based 501(c)(3) that serves as an alternative to traditional special event production companies. Grass root events strives to not only promote local artists, vendors and business's but make it our goal to donate a percentage of each events proceeds to a different local non profit. For more info on Grass Root Events you can visit our website at www.grassrooteventsnfp.com